Migraines Chattanooga, TN
Migraine Pain Relief – Chattanooga TN
Chances are that if you found this page, you’re one of the many people who suffer from migraine headaches. Are you also one of ones that doesn’t know that many of them can be cured by a simple spinal adjustment? Sound too good to be true? It’s not.
First, let’s talk about what causes migraines. The origin of migraine headaches is attributed to genetics and environmental factors. According to the Migraine Research Foundation, one in four households in the United States contains a member who suffers from migraines. This is a staggering number.
A migraine is actually a syndrome, or grouping of various symptoms rooted in one cause. It is classified as a neurological disorder, such as epilepsy. And like epilepsy, migraines have certain triggers. When nerve endings in the spine become inflamed due to spinal misalignment, the following environmental irritants can trigger a migraine headache:
- Stress—When a persons starts to feel overwhelmed, the physiological response is often to tighten muscles. Migraine headaches triggered by stress are tension headaches.
- Hunger—When you become hungry, the muscles in the neck will often tighten, especially if you are trying to perform a task that requires concentration. A migraine triggered by hunger means that it is tension related.
- Fatigue—When the human body becomes tired but is still pushed into action, weary muscles will tighten and cause tension. Migraines triggered by fatigue are also tension related.
- Menstruation—Migraines are known for being influenced by hormone levels. It is common for women prone to migraines to be triggered by heightened levels of estrogen at the time of their menstrual cycle.
- Environment—Outside and inside environmental stressors can also cause tension-related migraines. If a person experiences low lighting, or is exposed to toxic smells, the muscles of the neck and face can tighten in response, triggering a migraine.
So, let’s say you’ve identified the root issue with your migraines, what now?
How can a chiropractor foster migraine relief? The answer lies in the origin of migraine headaches.You see, when you get a headache, it’s an indication of a problem. When we have pain in our body, it’s a warning signal. It’s like a fire alarm going off. Yes, that fire alarm is extremely loud and annoying but we don’t want to just turn it off and ignore the fire. When you work to correct your pain and not the root issue that your pain is actually warning you about, you shouldn’t be surprised when the pain keeps coming back. That’s why you need to take care of the root issue , which is what chiropractic focuses on.
Many chiropractors have found that migraine headaches originate in the spine when nerves are irritated by misplaced vertebrae.Chiropractors call the misalignment of the vertebrae “subluxation,” and it means that the spine bones are out of place and causing pain as a result. Bones that are out of place in the spine can touch, and thereby irritate, nearby nerve endings. When these nerves become irritated, they can trigger muscles to tighten, causing a migraine headache.
A subluxation is also known to cause a chemical imbalance in the brain. A spinal adjustment is meant to cure the subluxation, relieving irritated nerves of the pressure from vertebrae and muscles, and even restoring balance in brain chemicals.
What all this simply means is that you need to have your spine aligned back to its natural state.
Chiropractic Migraine Relief Methods
Let’s say you want to get on the road to migraine headache relief today. What can you expect when a chiropractor treats you? What methods may be a part of the treatment solution?
- Spinal manipulation—Chiropractors offer several different treatment methods for aligning spines. The most traditional spinal manipulation involves actual contact by the chiropractor. However, a new therapy called spinal decompression uses the expertise of a computer to apply certain levels of pressure to irritated muscles for pain relief. Once the bones in the spine are no longer subluxated, they stop placing pressure on the irritated nerves that trigger migraine headaches.
- Gently stretching the neck—Often something as simple as a stretch can relieve pressure that will eventually cause a migraine. We can help teach you how to properly stretch your neck to relieve muscle tension. Muscles tension can trigger a migraine, so it is important to relieve it on your own as much as possible.
Start the Migraine Cure Today
If you live in the Chattanooga area, then making an appointment at True Wellness Chiropractic is a good place to start your migraine relief journey. In one study, nearly 50% of subjects experienced immediate migraine relief after receiving chiropractic migraine treatment. Chiropractors like ours at True Wellness Chiropractic of Chattanooga can help you achieve similar, and even better, results. Call us today and let’s get you on a path to solving your root problems, not just the pain.
Why Choose Us?
- Most Advanced Treatment Protocols
- State of the Art Treatment Center
- Advanced X-Ray Techniques
- Convenient Location/Hours
- Accepts Most Insurance - Call to Verify